Villa Campo
The Archive
Built in the late 19th century by the Accame family, the villa later became an albergo under the name Villa Giulia. In the 1960s, Orazio Campo renewed the building as Park Hotel, before its present use as apartments and offices. These photographs follow the villa's story through time.
Late 19th century
Villa Accame


The villa as Villa Accame — the Accame family gathered in the garden, Pietra Ligure.

The exact year of construction is not known, but the villa dates to the late nineteenth century. On the gate, the local blacksmith of Pietra Ligure at the time — Luigi Albonico — left his mark with the year 1896.
Albergo Villa Giulia


If you look closely, small dark marks can be seen across the façade—bullet holes left when American forces fired upon the villa during the Second World War.
From the 1960s
Park Hotel


The original Park Hotel brochure,







Regular performances by the local dance school turned the space in front of Park Hotel into a lively gathering place.


In 1973, Orazio Campo closed Park Hotel in protest after the municipality rejected his proposal to raise the villa's roof to create additional guest rooms, while approving plans for three apartment blocks on the neighbouring green land. He saw this as a striking contradiction and feared the development would destroy one of Pietra Ligure's last remaining green spaces.


Present day
Villa Campo
Today, Villa Campo is used for apartments, offices and a restaurant, with much of its original decoration still preserved. Painted ceilings, tiled floors and ornamental details continue to reflect the building's history.







